Medical liquid crystal display (LCD) screens are more and more widely used in medical instruments and equipment. What are the characteristics of medical LCD screens?
(1) Medical LCD screens: low voltage, micro-power consumption: 2-3V can work.
(2) Medical LCD screens: flat structure: the basic structure of liquid crystal display device is a thin box made of two glass substrates. This structure can accommodate the largest amount of display content in a limited area, and the utilization rate of display content is the highest.
(3) Medical LCD screens: passive display: the liquid crystal display device itself can not emit light, it achieves the display purpose by modulating external light. Therefore, there is no glare, no irritation to human eyes, and no eye fatigue. The shortcomings that cannot be seen in the dark can be overcome as long as they are equipped with a backlight.
(4) Medical LCD screens: large amount of display information: compared with CRT, LCD devices do not have shadow mask restrictions, so pixels can be made smaller and finer; compared with plasma displays, LCD pixels do not need to be like plasma displays, and there should be a certain isolation area between pixels. Therefore, the liquid crystal display in the same size of the display window area, can accommodate more pixels, display more information.
(5) Medical LCD screens: easy to colorize: although the liquid crystal itself is generally colorless, it is easy to achieve colorization. Generally speaking, color filtering and interference are commonly used. Due to the maturity of color filtering technology, the colorization of liquid crystal has the effect of more accurate, brighter and less color distortion.
(6) Medical LCD screens: long life: liquid crystal materials are organic polymer synthetic materials. It has a very high purity, and other materials are also high-purity substances, manufactured under extremely clean conditions. The driving voltage of liquid crystal is very low, and the driving current is very small. therefore, there is almost no deterioration of this kind of device and its life is very long. From the practical application, in general use, except for impact, crushing or damage of accessories, there is almost no end of the life of the liquid crystal display device itself (the life of the liquid crystal backlight is limited, what we generally call the life of the liquid crystal display mainly refers to the life of the backlight, but the backlight module is replaceable).
(7) Medical LCD screens: no radiation, no pollution: liquid crystal display devices will not produce soft X-ray and electromagnetic wave radiation like CRT. This kind of radiation will not only pollute the environment but also cause information leakage, but liquid crystal display will not cause such problems, it is ideal for personal safety and information secrecy.